What we've been talking about... forever, a single global, authoritative database containing accurate information on musical works – the GRD (Global Repertoire Database) – will be just that when it is finished, providing vital data to authors’ societies, music publishers, creators and digital service providers. The GRD, essential for today’s digital economy, is underway and we are asking one year after the launch of the scoping study: how far has the GRD come? What are the next stages before its implementation? How will the GRD affect you and everyone in the industry?
- Jackie Alway, Director of Legal & Business Affairs International, Universal Music Publishing (UK)
- Michael Battiston, Vice President, International Business Development, ASCAP (USA)
- Alfons Karabuda, Executive Chairman, ECSA (Belgium)
- Thimo Prziklang, Director of Corporate Development, GEMA (Germany)
- Pekka Sipilä, Executive Director, Finnish Music Publishers Association (Finland)
- Sami Valkonen, Head of International Music Licensing, Google Play, Google (USA)
- Stephen Navin, Chief Executive, Music Publishers Association (UK)